Owning a lawn mower gives you a lot of conveniences because you can maintain the appeal and cleanliness of your outdoor living space with less time and effort. What is better is that there are already self-propelling lawn mowers like the Honda HRX217K5VKA that can make grass mowing tasks more convenient.
That is due to the fact that lawn mowers with self-propelling systems have special functional capabilities that the other types do not have.
As an overview, self-propelled or self-propelling lawn mowers are machines that do not require you to push them. Meaning, you just need to hold and guide them while pushing a button or squeezing the handle in order for them move. Thus, they are also commonly known as walk-behind lawn mowers.
If those are what you are looking for, then you should take a look at this detailed review about the self-propelling lawn mower under the name Honda HRX217K5VKA.
Honda HRX217K5VKA: A Quick Overview
The manufacturer of this product has been developing lawn mowers since 1979. Looking closely into the Honda HRX217K5VKA, the following details have been collected:
Important Features You Need to Know
- Operating weight: 40.91 kilograms or 90 pounds
- Dry weight: 40 kilograms or 88 pounds
- Cutting width is at 21 inches
- 21-inch deck that is made of NeXite® polymer materials
- Equipped with twin blades
- It has four cutting surfaces
- Four nine-inch ball-bearing wheels that are made of plastic materials
- One-inch, foldable, adjustable, tube-shaped, and quick-release handle that is made of steel materials
- Discharge door located at the rear end of the product
- Grass bag with 2.5-bushel capacity
- Fuel-efficient and powerful gas-operated 187-cc-capacity engine that has an auto-choke system
- Fuel valve
- Brake lever in the flywheel
- Fixed throttle control
- Clip Director® knob
- Speed adjustment dials that can be rotated
- Handle and mower height adjustment levers
- Designed with a 4-in-1 Versamow System
- Slipping belt drive system
- EPA and CARB certifications
What You Will Like About It
- Seven machine height positions from ¾ inches to four inches
- Three handle height positions
- Absence of a blade stop
- Impact-, dent-, rust-, and corrosion-resistant deck
- Easy-to-start engine
- Variable speed levels from zero to four miles per hour (mph)
- Speed level is easy to adjust
- Stops once the flywheel brake lever system is released
- Multifunctional design: mulching, bagging, discharging, and shredding
- Clippings produced are ultra-fine
- Amount of grass that needs to be mulched or bagged can be set
- Time-saving and convenient lawn mowing process
- Emission levels produced meet EPA and CARB standards
What You Might Not Like About It
- Plastic wheels
A Detailed Explanation
Honda HRX217K5VKA is a gas-operated, self-propelled lawn mower that has a durable, 21-inch deck that is resistant to any types of impact, corrosion, and rust.
That is owed to the fact that it is constructed using polymer materials manufactured by NeXite®. Unlike other gasoline lawn mowers, this item emits healthy levels of gas fumes as certified by EPA and CARB.
The product’s engine also consumes gasoline or fuel in an efficient manner because of its fuel valve and model design. It also has four cutting surfaces in order to accommodate the two blades that are designed using the MicroCut System® technology.
In addition, since the product is not equipped with a blade stop system, the movement of the blade will not be interrupted.
It also has a Clip Director® knob that is used for adjusting the amount of mowed grass that needs to be placed inside the grass bag, as well as the amount of grass that needs to be mulched. With that in regard, you no longer have to worry about regularly raking the grass clippings and placing them inside a bag.
You can also easily adjust the speed of this lawn mower because it is equipped with soft-to-touch, rotational speed control buttons.
Likewise, you can mow your lawn grass comfortably because both the handle’s and the deck’s height can be adjusted conveniently. Additionally, with a foldable handle, you can store the product without any protruding parts.
With a simple push of a button, this lawn mower starts immediately, and you no longer need to choke the engine. Likewise, since it is designed using the 4-in-1 Versamow System, you do not need to attach any accessories or parts just to fulfill different tasks.
Additionally, this lawn mower produces grass clippings that are small enough, which can save you time from the frequent emptying of the grass bag.
This product is also very easy to maneuver and smooth to hand-drive because of the ball bearings that are placed on the four wheels. Likewise, your safety is also assured since the product will stop immediately once you let go of the brake lever.
The Troy-Bilt TB330 is a gas-operated self-propelled lawn mower that has similar features and functional capabilities as the Honda HRX217K5VKA. One is that it also has a handle that can easily be adjusted. However, it has been designed ergonomically which the Honda product lacks.
This product also has a reliable and powerful engine but only has a 163 cc capacity. It also has discharging, mulching, and bagging capabilities but lacks the leaf shredding ability that the Honda product has. In addition, its rear grass bag also only has a 1.9-bushel capacity.
This product is also very easy to move around your lawn and has different speed and height settings that you can choose from. Likewise, starting the product will also not be a problem since it does not require any priming techniques.
Honda HRX217K5VKA: The Conclusion
Grass mowing is a task that greatly requires your physical effort, time, and dedication. However, without a quality and functional lawn mower, you cannot fulfill the task in a fast and right manner.
As recommended by many experts, a self-propelled lawn mower will be the best choice for you, especially if you do not want to tire yourself too much.
When it comes to ease of use and amount of tasks accomplished, the Honda HRX217K5VKA is one of the brands that stand out amongst the other self-propelled lawn mowers. That is due to the fact that the grass is mowed in tiny pieces and is directly placed inside a high-capacity grass bag.
Thus, you will not waste any time and effort in constantly removing the cut grasses in the bag. Likewise, with such grass-cutting capability, more grass can be cut over a given period of time.
Although gasoline-operated lawn mowers have bad effects on the environment, the Honda HRX217K5VKA is designed in an eco-friendly manner by carefully following the guidelines and standard set forth by the EPA and CARB.